So after the paper-making disaster during the week, I decided to try again today.
And it worked! (Well, as far as up to the drying process!) And because of this and the disaster, I learnt more about the actual construction of paper and the process used to make it- and its all to do with water! The first attempt, there wasn’t enough water in the process so the paper fibres were closer together and resulted in very thick, almost card-like paper. In the second round, there was too much water, which meant the fibres had dispersed further into the water bath meaning that when I tried to collect the fibres for the paper, there weren’t many- and the paper was very thin and incomplete.
Learning from these, I had sussed out the paper/water ratio and started being more creative with the paper itself in order for it to tell the stories.
Some of today’s attempts
This hopefully means I will be able to add these to my book in order to tell more of the stories I wanted to.