So this post is meant to be about what I’m struggling with – which currently is time!
My next steps are currently planned as:
- First person views of texting, smoking, and taking a photo
- Drawing up the water fountain (with the traces of wear and sediment)
- Carrying out tests on my second model
- Another drawing of how long people stand in the station
- Making a timetable
- Investigating kinetic structures
- Defining view points and levels within the concourse
- Try to model an actual form
(This is a list extending beyond Tuesday…)
I like the chandelier at the Omnia Nightclub. Also decided it might be helpful to do a video of ‘animated stills’ at the end of my portfolio to really get across the atmospheric experience, but that’s not something I can tackle at the moment.
Suggestions on another way to draw up how long people stand in the station would be helpful. I’ve previously drawn up a romantic encounter, isolated pauses within a span of time (below), drawn pauses in the ‘heart beat’ style and detailed what each one was doing in text (below), and labelled how long people paused for. I’m not sure what level to take the drawing to this time?
To make my post a bit more interesting, how about something I haven’t shown before? This is one of the conceptual collages I did: