Questions posed at my Crit (Action point after each question)
- What is the agenda? To be developed in detail by next tuesday for discussion
- Needs to show more of Dungeness. Image showing removed landscape for final crit
- Absences of certain parts of research, (maps etc) to connect the story. A complete story to be developed for crit
- Map where each shingle type is found. Expand on existing drawings and do a “shingle grain drawing”.
- Over edited. No sure what you meant?
- Big provocative image, counter to the technical images (unbuildable etc). Image to be developed for crit.
- Maintenance Dungeness if the shingle is removed from there, how do you do it? A composite image of shingle removed and then added elsewhere
- Compare what broadly speaking is the project (how do you reject one idea over another) Island Verse Land. To be developed in detail by next Tuesday for discussion
- You need a practical argument why there is an island, abstraction of long shore drift. To be developed in detail by next tuesday for discussion
- Shifting ground, against shifting boundary’s.
- How would you (through research) determine where the gravel comes from.
- How would you take away Dungeness natural against artificial. Comparison of current process with EDF against my proposed process.
- What are the constrains I am ignoring.
- Start with a proposal and back up its quality throughout with experience (impact statement)
Reflection: I did not find they review that usefull as it contradicted much of the previous points discussed, namely, “why am i looking at islands”. Prehaps we can reflect on this next week.
I will aim to answer some of the questions raised during the crit for next weeks discussion, and was particularly confused with comments about the project being overly curated, which I though was the whole point developing a portfolio style at the this stage.
Below are additional images not uploaded previously: