Dungeness is haunted by its formation events, the scars left on the land indicate a fluid landscape rather than a fixed point in time.
Dungeness is a staging post for shingle over a thousand years, but often in our current time frame its an end point for journeys of people, objects (train carriages) and atoms (nuclear).
The shingle should be used to continue this tradition of shingle movement and move the Dungeness staging post onto the next part of its journey.
Key Comments from M+D
- You need to assume a position on why I am doing islands
- Focus on the shingle rather than a final resolution.
- Show balanced drawings of taking away and adding in new location (making unmaking)
- Be more implicit about the outcome
DRAWINGS TO DO for Crit
- Adding subtracting drawing – Removing Shingle/Adding shingle to site (layered drawing of time process of removal and addition, sectional abstract) egg timer thing?
- Proper Photoshop image of site houses without land, lots of water no shingle (see below)
- Single shingle movement mapped over the coast
- Drawing of a shingle moving across the landscape, from cliff erosion, to dredging to Dungeness to the Verne (series of vignettes)
- political map, geological map (all line drawings on big drawing)
- How would single movement be defined by each person? Doreen, the warden, EDF energy (remap the side with shingle)