Portfolio Plan for the 31st January with work to do identified, I will run through proposed work in the 17th with work over Christmas focusing on filling in gaps and answer questions raised at post crit review. A line from a book i’m reading entitled Icelandic lessons in an industrial landscape proposes the idea of a “Territorial Constitution”; a strategy comprising a spatial plan and a series of proposals that describe a scenario for a long-term territorial development, an apt description for the direction my project is taking.
Drawings over break (to bring on the 17th):
- Unify Staging Post principle – prehaps a control tower/lighthouse (projector of shingle arrangement over time)
- Experiment with a time based topography drawing
- Unstableness of island/shingle drawing
- Drawing showing how Dungeness can be one of many forms, look at basic principles of plans such as Schoder House.
- Boundries of people narratives (physical, psychological, regulation) images of hard and soft boundaries for EDF, Community, RSPB etc.
- Word map of narratives
- Single large island drawing focusing on Dungness as EDF narrative (First Attempt proposal)
- One view for each scenario, from staging post point (like big image from crit)
- Transylvania – drawings explaining the moving of buildings and envelopes to size
- Drawing of moving homes from erosion (reverse)
- Detail (1:20) of island making
- Calculate shingle volumes for each proposal
- Drawn study of current EDF shingle movement