Plan for Tuesday:
CRIT DRAWINGS (Tabletop)
Intro say “Islands are typically approached from the land or the air, Dungeness is approached from the land where boundaries inform it island like narrative.”
- Complete Boundaries Proposition (diagrams on existing sheets)
- 3 proposals plus baseline options as an overlay (as trace/gif – see below)
- Drawing of existing territorys at Dungeness (line drawing – abstact)
- Staging Post Proposal, what is a staging post?
- Staging Post building concept
Presentation Sequence –
- Shingle what it is and why its important (natural processes).
- Boundaries and island qualities
- Traditional Islands and what i’ve learnt
- How islands can be made
- How shingle can be used to fabricate an landscape
- The man made waypoints for Dungeness change (Nuclear Protection – 2017, Community isolation – 2077 and Natural Regression – 2127) over the next 110 years (time taken to remove all traces of Power plant)
- How nature will assist in shaping the landscape as well as claiming it back.
- How the Staging post will be used as a vessel to facilitate the landscape changes.
I will be defining the “Shingle Movement Acts” as sketched out below and will explore the idea of a shingle grain or pattern as a boundary principle: