Mix up Medium – model making:
- Explore the use of water in models to help understand the qualities of the material and the way that it moves and interacts with other objects.
- Heightens senses more- bring saltiness/wetness into presentation and work.
- How does something flood? what is added and what is taken away?
- Dungeness – video of waterscapes (sound/movement etc…)
Pre and Post Flooded state:
- Images that envisage interior flooded spaces: Lighthouse? Homes?
- Pablo Genoves – Precipitados
- How does living in a floating house change your living style?
- What is the house’s life cycle? Where and how would its position move post flooded state?
- Arakwa & Gin
- Carlo Scarpa
- The nature of water – flooding can be a violent process, that yet can happen gradually. The force behind water can be great, although appear gentle.
- How can the raised water level create new opportunities on site? What areas are made available that were not previously accessible?
Develop Precedent Studies
Edit Base Lines of x Drawings
I’m unsure as to whether I should solely develop the transformation of Dungeness as an urban landscape acting as an exploratory example for future changes to flood risk zones. Or whether I should also include the ‘hooke park’-esk amphibious scheme… would it be best to focus on just one?