Spiral rime-based drawing:
- too photographic
- draw instead of collage
- spiral is too standard and controlled
- maybe try a one point perspective
- look back on the blog at time-base drawing examples
- be in control of the spiral
- the spiral is a line along which change occurs
- Fisherman’s hut voids: foam is not releasing from the plaster- call Tiranti to ask about release agents
- Rachel Whiteread- bedroom model- do a test to see if the plywood releases from the plaster.
- Think about the garden and the landscape’s role in the project. What is the architectural intervention guided by these protagonists?
- Go back to Derek’s principles. Find obsolete structures in Dungeness- abstract Derek’s strategy
- Preserve the most important thing to each protagonist through casting. How does the surrounding architectural space amplify this experience?
- Bird and Derek- negative casts, e.g. Rachel Whiteread. Garden/ landscape could be positive casts- e.g. bronze maps London, found objects embedded into cast
- Bird- 1:2
- Derek- 1:20
- Garden 1:200
- Dungeness 1:2000