Ed/Charles list of drawings for portfolio has a range of requirements which will require quite a lot of time and consideration, fortunately I have a project which transcends multiple scales and should allow a number of interesting drawing to be completed.
Below is a list of requirements and how I intend to answer them:
Show structural frame
- 2 drawings of Staging Post (SP) tension hung frame and Groin (G) frame
Show structural frame connections
- Connecting of primary structure to secondary in staging post.
Show load paths
- for both SP and G drawings in section, simple line drawing with load directions
Show Resistance to forces
- Tension model?
- Shingle density
- Shingle settlement drawings
- foundation (raft) investigations
- Propping investigation
- Axo construction
- Reusable, demountable building
1:20 section through part of scheme, ideally including some of the parts you are detailing
- Groin/shingle would be best showing platform, foundation and existing structure.
- Platform showing “plug and play” services connection; fresh water, drainage, electircal (PV), heating (gas bottles/solar hotwater)
5 details (approx 1:5) of the interesting parts of your scheme
- structural joins
- cable connections
- Floor/structural base connecting with platform
At least one of the details should be from inside to outside
- Staging post section
At least two of the details should be in three dimensions
- Tension cables
- Facade panels (3D shingle scan mounted on facade)
At least two of the details must show material qualities of the scheme (external and internal)
- need some clarification on this…
Site environment drawing
- site analysis drawing…. easyyyyyyy
Thermal environment: show summer and winter conditions: sunlight, ventilation, temperature.
- natural ventilation design and site arrangement for houses
- Show how platforms offer an enclosure for shingle space (maybe some thermal load stuff?)
Lighting: show daytime (natural light) and night time (artificial light)
- Daylight analysis is simple enough but it has very little baring on the general direction of the project.